District 202 High Schools Host Explorations Nights
All four District 202 high schools will host programs this winter for current eighth grade students to help ease their transition into high school.
Each school’s “Explorations” program will help incoming freshmen and their parents get acquainted with the school, the curriculum and opportunities for extracurricular activities.
This event will be the initial stage in the registration process for all incoming freshmen. Students will receive their high school course recommendations and freshman registration packet
Department chairpersons and counselors will be on hand at each school to assist and answer any questions.
Students and their families may also be able to browse the array of after school activities, and meet with coaches and discuss the high school sports programs, depending on their home high school’s agenda for the evening.
Please call the appropriate school’s Student Services Department for more information.
The schedule for “Explorations 2017” is:
Plainfield High School -- Central Campus Auditorium-- Wednesday, January 9, 2013
- 6:30 p.m. (check-in at 6:15 p.m.) - all eighth grade students at Timber Ridge Middle School
- 7:15 p.m. (check-in at 6:45 p.m.) - all eighth grade students at Indian Trail Middle School who will attend Plainfield High School-Central Campus and any District 202 private school families who will attend PHSCC.
Plainfield South High School Auditorium -- 6:30-8:15 p.m., Wednesday, January 23, 2013.
- All eighth grade students from Aux Sable and Drauden Point middle schools and any District 202 private school families who will attend PSHS are asked to meet in the gym by 6:30 p.m.
Plainfield North High School Auditorium – Wednesday, January 23, 2013
- 6 p.m. (check-in at 5:30 p.m.) -- All eighth grade students from Ira Jones Middle School
- 7 p.m. (check-in at 6:30 p.m.) -- All eighth grade students from Heritage Grove Middle School and any District 202 private school families who will attend PNHS
Plainfield East High School Auditorium -- Wednesday, January 23, 2013
- 7 p.m. (check-in at 6:45 p.m.) -- All eighth grade students at John F. Kennedy Middle School; and Indian Trail and Heritage Grove middle schools, and any District 202 private school families who will attend PEHS. ***This event is for incoming freshmen and their parents only. Seating is limited.
Please note: PEHS will host a separate “Extracurricular Activity Explorations Night” for 6th-8th graders at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 24, 2013.