District 202 Students Win Awards at JJC Art Competition
Nineteen District 202 high school art students were chosen to participate in the “2012 Joliet Junior College Area High School Art Exhibition” and three received an Award of Excellence for their achievement.
The students will be honored at an awards ceremony and visual arts open house on Thursday, November 29, 2012.
Twenty-three area high schools submitted 108 pieces of art for this year’s exhibit. The exhibit is featured in the Laura A. Sprague Art Gallery at Joliet Junior College-Main Campus. It ends Dec. 7, 2012.
A Certificate of Recognition was awarded to all students whose work was selected for the exhibit. In addition, the full-time JJC studio art faculty recognized 17 students, including three from District 202 with Awards of Excellence for their outstanding achievement.
Congratulations to the following District 202 students whose work is on display:
Plainfield East High School
- Alexia Chlibovytsch (sophomore) -- charcoal
- Lee Mendez (senior) -- digital design
- Mikaila Ocampo (senior) -- photography
- Claire Krienitz (junior) – pencil
- Jake Runnion (senior) – mixed media
Plainfield North High School
- Audrey Hansa (junior) -- watercolor
- Gillian Madden (senior) -- hand-built ceramics
- Marissa Radtke (freshman) -- still life in graphite
- Liza Soliman (senior) -- charcoal and ink pen (Award of Excellence)
Plainfield South High School
- Tyler Hays (senior) -- drawing
- Megan McDonough (junior) – ceramics (Award of Excellence)
- Claudia Perez (junior) -- photography
- Shannon Smith (senior) -- computer art (Award of Excellence)
- Victoria Zloch (senior) -- computer art
Plainfield High School – Central Campus
- Dakota Hietikko (junior) -- watercolor
- Ruth Lentz (senior) -- digital photo
- Rachel Okrey (junior) -- graphite and watercolor
- Gustav Scott (senior) -- watercolor
- Schuyler Staley (senior) -- acrylic painting