In recognition of American Heart Month during February, Edward Hospital has launched its Virtual Heart Fair at www.edward.org/heartmonth.
- Edward's Online Community Weight Loss Challenge is back. This time, community members will compete against Edward employees to see who can be this year’s “biggest loser.” Participants can enter individually or as part of a team. The winner will be determined by who loses the greatest percentage of weight during the eight-week challenge, which begins Monday, February 4. Visit www.edward.extracon.com to enter. After registering, click the “Enroll in a Challenge” button and select the Edward Community Weight Loss Challenge to get started. This is an online-only program. Note: Previous Challenge participants will need to re-register to participate in 2013. Prizes will be awarded to the top three teams and prize drawings will take place throughout the challenge.
- Screenings and prevention: Edward is offering the Ultra Fast Heart Scan at a special rate of $75 for February and March 2013. For an appointment call (877) 45-Heart (877-454-3278). Regular price $150. Appointments must be scheduled by March 31, 2013. And, take the free 5-minute HeartAware and StrokeAware tests that could save your life. Visit www.edward.org/healthaware.
- Edward Healthy Kitchen Videos: Watch three-minute videos with Chef Laura on how to prepare delicious, heart healthy recipes. Visit www.edward.org/edwardhealthykitchen.
- Edward Health Tips/Articles: Get information about heart health, including how to recognize a heart attack, myths about high blood pressure and “power foods” that can lower your cholesterol.
- CPR Classes: Learn CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) to help keep a cardiac arrest victim alive until emergency help arrives. Enroll in an Edward class today, including Friends & Family CPR/First Aid in February for only $10 per person. Call (630) 527-6363 to register or visit www.edward.org/cpr.
- Kick Butts: If you’re a smoker, quitting is one of the best things you can do for your heart. View a three-part video hosted by a former smoker and trained tobacco treatment specialist who’ll demonstrate simple yet helpful tools to prepare any smoker for quitting.
For more information and to take part in these and more activities, visit www.edward.org/heartmonth.