Invite a friend
Divorce & Beyond
Divorce and Beyond is a ten session peer support group for anyone who is divorced or in the process of divorce. The program guides people through the emotional struggles that accompany divorce. In a safe, caring atmosphere, participants work through the grief process and facilitate a beginning to healing and growth.
Weekly discussion topics include:
The Process of Divorce, Self–Image, Stress, Anger, Blame and Guilt, Loneliness, Forgiveness, Happiness and Pathways to Growth.
The next 10-week peer support group session will begin
Wednesday, January 16th. We will meet weekly from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM at the Holistic center (just south of SMI School on Fredrick St) for 10 weeks, ending on March 20th.
To register, contact Kathy Yonker at firstname.lastname@example.org or
815-483-3639, or leave a message with Eve Govea at 815-436-3651, Ext. 846 or
There are no shortcuts to grief. “The best way out is always through.”- Robert Frost
Facilitator: Kathy Yonker
More About St. Mary Immaculate Church
Not only is St. Mary Immaculate the first Catholic church in Plainfield, it's also one of the largest and most historic. It was founded in 1907, when the village had just 1,100 people and was a popular vacation spot for people who traveled to the area by electric train. Originally located in an old Universalist church, the parish built a new church in 1970 (after its elementary school opened in 1955). Tragedy struck in 1990 when a tornado destroyed a large portion of Plainfield, leveling St. Mary Immaculate School, killing the school principal and two staff members, and severely damaging the church. A new church and school opened on Illinois 59 in 1997 and underwent an expansion in 2000.
Other events here
- 4th Annual Parish Mission Garage Sale May 4, 2013 / May 5, 2013 / May 11, 2013 / May 12, 2013 / May 18, 2013 / May 19, 2013 / May 25, 2013 / May 26, 2013,
- The Ordination of Rev. Mr. John M. Lovitsch May 18, 2013 / May 19, 2013,
- Register Now for St. Mary Immaculate’s Vacation Bible School! Daily,
- The Men’s Catechism Circle on Monday, May 20 Mon, May 20, 7:00 pm
- Come Holy Spirit. Fill the Hearts of the Faithful Weekly on Tuesdays, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Becky Brillon presents “Intentional Networking” Tue, May 28, 6:30 pm–9:00 pm
- Parish Garage Sale June 1, 2013 / June 2, 2013 / June 3, 2013 / June 4, 2013 / June 5, 2013 / June 6, 2013 / June 7, 2013 / June 8, 2013 / June 9, 2013 / June 10, 2013 / June 11, 2013 / June 12, 2013 / June 13, 2013 / June 14, 2013 / June 15, 2013 / June 16, 2013,
- Community Blood Drive at St Mary Immaculate, Plainfield June 2, 2013 / June 9, 2013 / June 24, 2013,
- Feast of Corpus Christi Eucharistic Procession Sun, Jun 2, 1:00 pm–1:30 pm
- St. Anne’s Sewing Circle June 7, 2013 / June 8, 2013,