Invite a friend
Intro to The Bible
Join Grace Blaszak for a friendly, low key, basic Bible Study designed for those who want to learn more and want help on where and how to get started. Now in her 4th year of intense study at the Biblical Institute of the Diocese of Joliet, Grace has designed this class to be an informal, non-intimidating, “no question is too small” experience.
The class will meet on Monday mornings, October 15, 22, 29 and November 5 in the St. Mary Immaculate Parish Stewardship Room from 10:00 am to Noon. St. Mary Immaculate Parish is located at 15629 South Rt. 59, in Plainfield.
Grace has selected “The Bible Blueprint: A Catholic's Guide to Understanding and Embracing God's Word” by Joe Paprocki, (Loyola Press 2009) for class reading. Paprocki uses this blueprint metaphor to help us gain a solid understanding of the structure and organization of the Bible, and to help build confidence in navigating its pages.
For more information or to register, contact Grace Blaszak at 815-254-7078 or email email@example.com. She has a limited number of copies of the “Bible Blueprint” available at $10.00 each. There are no other costs/fees to participate.
For more information about St. Mary Immaculate Parish, or any of its many services, please call 815-436-2651 or visit us at www.smip.org.
More About St. Mary Immaculate Church
Not only is St. Mary Immaculate the first Catholic church in Plainfield, it's also one of the largest and most historic. It was founded in 1907, when the village had just 1,100 people and was a popular vacation spot for people who traveled to the area by electric train. Originally located in an old Universalist church, the parish built a new church in 1970 (after its elementary school opened in 1955). Tragedy struck in 1990 when a tornado destroyed a large portion of Plainfield, leveling St. Mary Immaculate School, killing the school principal and two staff members, and severely damaging the church. A new church and school opened on Illinois 59 in 1997 and underwent an expansion in 2000.
Other events here
- 4th Annual Parish Mission Garage Sale May 4, 2013 / May 5, 2013 / May 11, 2013 / May 12, 2013 / May 18, 2013 / May 19, 2013 / May 25, 2013 / May 26, 2013,
- Becky Brillon presents “Intentional Networking” Tue, May 28, 6:30 pm–9:00 pm
- Come Holy Spirit. Fill the Hearts of the Faithful Weekly on Tuesdays, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Parish Garage Sale June 1, 2013 / June 2, 2013 / June 3, 2013 / June 4, 2013 / June 5, 2013 / June 6, 2013 / June 7, 2013 / June 8, 2013 / June 9, 2013 / June 10, 2013 / June 11, 2013 / June 12, 2013 / June 13, 2013 / June 14, 2013 / June 15, 2013 / June 16, 2013,
- Community Blood Drive at St Mary Immaculate, Plainfield June 2, 2013 / June 9, 2013 / June 24, 2013,
- Feast of Corpus Christi Eucharistic Procession Sun, Jun 2, 1:00 pm–1:30 pm
- St. Anne’s Sewing Circle June 7, 2013 / June 8, 2013,
- Healing Service, Sunday, June 9 June 8, 2013 / June 9, 2013,
- Support Our Military Men and Women Sun, Jun 9, 8:00 am
- Women of the Bible, Sunday Seminar Series - Early Matriarchs and Heroes Sun, Jun 9, 9:00 am–11:00 am