With a wind chill warning in effect until noon Tuesday, area school districts began calling off school for a second day by late Monday morning.
Shortly after noon, District 202 also made the call, issuing the following notice:
"All District 202 schools and facilities will be closed again on Tuesday, January 7, 2014 because of the severe weather. However, all 12-month employees and principals must report to work if possible. Transportation will not be provided to students attending schools outside of District 202. Please be safe -- stay inside if at all possible."
The Plainfield Public Library also announced it will be closed. Overdue dates will be adjusted to reflect Monday and Tuesday's closures.
So far, here's what's closed:
- Plainfield Public Library
- Plainfield District 202
- Plainfield Park District (all programs/classes closed Tuesday)
- Grande Park Elementary (Oswego District 308)
- Montessori of Plainfield
- Garden Gate Montessori
- Murphy Junior High (Oswego District 308)
- Troy School District
- Minooka School District 201
- Joliet Grade School District 86
- Valley View School District
- Cathedral of St. Raymond School
- St. Mary Immaculate School
- Joliet Catholic Academy
- Lewis University (all suburban and Chicago campuses)
- University of St. Francis
- Joliet Junior College (all locations)
- Richland School District 88A, Crest Hill
- Garbage Pickup to Resume Tuesday: Village of Plainfield
- Will County Buildings, YMCA to Reopen Tuesday
- Chicago Breaks Cold Weather Record
- 'Sundogs' Spotted in Plainfield
Other closings, reopeningsAccording to staff, Revolution Dance Studio in Plainfield will remain closed Tuesday, as will The Perfect Invitation in downtown Plainfield. HomeTown Fitness and the Plainfield Moose Lodge are also closed.
Meawhile, the C.W. Avery Family YMCA in Plainfield is set to open late, at 12:30 p.m.
Will County offices will reopen at 10:30 a.m., except for the courthouse, slated to open at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday.
Trash/recycling pickup will also resume.