As always, the community event will include carnival ride from North American Midway Entertainment, games and food, as well as a brand-new beer tent and live music. This year, fest hours are 4 to 11 p.m. Friday, 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday and noon to 6 p.m. Sunday.
The Midwest Bags Tournament, sponsored by Durbin's of Plainfield, will return to the fest's beer tent starting at noon Sunday, July 20. The event is a two-person team, double-elimination format, with an entry fee of $50 per team. A minimum of 32 teams are required for full payout on the prizes of $1,000 for first place, $300 for second, $200 for third, $130 for fourth and $50 for fifth. Click here to register or for more information. Last year, more than 50 teams participated in the tournament.
For the second year, the "Best Pizza" contest featuring local pizzerias will return to the activity tent. From 2 to 4 p.m. on Sunday, guests can pay $5 to sample a slice from each contestant and cast their votes for the winner.
Musical lineupPlainfield Fest will once again feature plenty of live music in the beer tent. Here's this year's schedule:
- 6 to 8:30 p.m.: Alter Ego
- 9 p.m. to midnight: Spoken Four
- 1:30 to 3 p.m.: KDL
- 3:30 to 5 p.m.: Gruband
- 5:30 to 7 p.m.: Drunken Skunk
- 9:30 p.m. to midnight: ARRA
- 1 to 3 p.m.: One of These Nights - Maggie Speaks
More fun stuffNew this year is Paint Nite, which will allow fest-goers to create their own masterpieces by choosing from three classes/portraits (click the links to sign up):
- Circle Trees, noon Saturday, July 19
- Chicago Skyline - 3 p.m. Saturday, July 19
- Love Birds - noon Sunday, July 20
During each class, a Chicago Paint Nite performing artist will guide participants through creating their own unique painting. Organizers are asking residents to sign up for classes by the July 10 deadline — and they expect space to fill up quickly.
Other entertainment includes live remotes and musical performances at the food court/family entertainment stage:
- 6 to 8 p.m.: 95.9 The River
- 8:30 to 10:30 p.m.: Junkyard Groove
- Noon to 2 p.m.: Radio Disney/toy check up by Doc McStuffins
- 2 to 4 p.m.: WLRA 88.1 The Start (Lewis University radio)
- 4 to 6 p.m.: QRock 100.7
- 6 to 8 p.m.: Star 96.7
- 8:30 to 10:30 p.m.: Michael Heaton acoustic
- Noon to 2 p.m.: 98.3 WCCQ
- 2:30 to 4 p.m. K-Hits 104.3
The Plainfield Business and Craft Expo is set for 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and noon to 6 p.m. Sunday along Lockport and Des Plaines streets.
What's cookingPlainfield Fest 2014 food vendors are:
- Annabelle’s Bar-B-Q
- Coach’s Catch
- Frank’s Night Out
- Maui Wowi Hawaiian
- RS Concessions
- Suzie’s Fun Foods
- Wild West BBQ