Here are some happening in the area:
- Joliet Junior College Farmers Market, 2 to 6 p.m. Thursdays starting May 29 and ending Sept. 18 by the Greenhouse Facility on Main Campus, 1215 Houbolt Road in Joliet.
- Downtown Joliet Farmers Market, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Fridays June 20 to Oct. 10, on Chicago Street between Van Buren and Jefferson streets.
- Bolingbrook Promenade Farmers Market, 4 to 9 p.m. Thursdays from June 12 to Aug. 16, and 4 to 8 p.m. Thursdays from Aug. 21 to Sept. 18 on the interior streets at the Promenade on Boughton Road in Bolingbrook.
- Plainfield Farmers Market, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays starting June 14 and ending Sept. 21 at the southwest corner of Route 59 and Lockport Street.
- Oswego Country Market, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sundays, June 1 through Sept. 28 on Main Street in downtown Oswego.
- Yorkville Country Market, 8 a.m. to noon Saturdays from June 7 to Sept. 27 at Riverfront Park, located at Route 47 and Hydraulic Street.
- Aurora Farmers Markets - Aurora's downtown market is from 8 a.m. to noon Saturdays, at the Aurora Transportation Center, 233 N. Broadway Ave.; mid-week markets are also held from 1 to 5 p.m. Wednesdays from July 9 to Sept. 10 at 1901 Galena Boulevard and 2:30 to 6:30 p.m. Thursdays from July 10 to Aug. 28 at 701 Eola Road.