Each week, Plainfield Patch seeks suggestions from readers for individual kids, youth groups, teens, and even sports teams that wow us with their accomplishments.
We want to hear about these amazing children and teens and select one each week as the Patch Whiz Kid. Submit your nomination in our comment box below or e-mail the information to Local Editor Karen Sorensen at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include all of the following information included below.
And without further ado, this week's Whiz Kid is...
- Whiz Kids: Claire Randall, Susan Nelson, Beth Rosenbaum, Kaiya Heitikko
- Age: 11, 12, 11 and 12, respectively
- Accomplishments: Sewed dresses to be donated to an orphanage in Haiti.
- Key to Awesomeness: This is Cadette Girl Scout Troop 572. Recently, we cut out and sewed dresses for an orphanage in Haiti. The girls were very excited in the opportunity to help other girls around the world. They all did an excellent job with both sewing and using a serger. We even had one girl who had never used a sewing machine before. One of the leaders' cousins is a missionary and goes to Haiti regularly - he will deliver the dresses for us.
- Submitted by: Beth Randall