is holding its first “I’d Rather Be Reading” Photo Contest.
They're asking people to send photos of things they're doing when they'd much rather be reading.
According to the contest announcement, "We know you’d rather be reading than shoveling snow, pulling on those enormous snow boots, scraping the ice off of your car, etc., so why not take a picture to prove it?"
The rules are:
• Open to all patrons participating in the Winter Reading Program.
• Age Categories: Birth – Grade 5, Grades 6-12 and Ages 18+.
• The photographer must be the one who submits the photograph and assumes responsibility for obtaining permission to photograph anyone included in the photographs.
• Limit one digital photograph entry per person.
• Photos must be submitted electronically to email@example.com by Feb. 11.
• Photographs will not be returned and become the property of the Plainfield Public Library and may be used in publicity on the Library’s Web site and Facebook page.
• Photographs will be posted on bulletin boards in the lower level of the library from Feb. 13 to 22 for library patrons to vote for their favorite.
• Winners will be awarded Barnes & Noble giftcards at the Feb. 26 Winter Reading Program finale.