What's happening on the local business scene?
Here's a look at what's coming, what's going and what recently opened its doors in Plainfield.
Village Planner Michael Garrigan said the Mexican restaurant chain will open up shop next year in the Kensington South shopping center at 127th Street and Route 59.
According to Garrigan, the franchisee has submitted remodeling plans to the village’s building department for the site, which formerly housed a mattress store.
The American-themed brewery, 12337 S. Route 59, was originally slated to open by Labor Day before pushing back the date to just before Thanksgiving.
Now, according to the company, a grand opening is scheduled for sometime in December.
The Plainfield location, part of the Tommy Nevin’s chain, held a hiring open house for bartenders, servers and kitchen staff earlier this month, and has reportedly hired a master brewer, according to its Facebook page.
Here are a few of the new businesses that have opened in Plainfield in recent months:
- Just Ducky, 24103 W. Lockport St.
- Rod Baker Ford Quick Lane, located on Route 59 in front of Meijer
- Tailwinds Distillery, 14912 S. Eastern Ave.
- Yumz Gourmet Frozen Yogurt, 12720 S. Route 59
- Ukai Sushi and Chinese, 13610 S. Route 59
- Fat Ricky’s, 13717 S. Route 30
- Delicia Mexican Grill, 12337 S. Route 59
- Earth Mama Esthetics, 24103 W. Lockport St.
- Durbin’s, 16031 S. Lincoln Highway
- Wild West BBQ, 15420 S. Route 59