If your inner Grinch is threatening to take over and you need a good dose of holiday spirit, there is no end to the options available in Plainfield, whether you're looking for Santa, Christmas carols or holiday treats.
We know this list is likely incomplete so if you have a public event you'd like to have added, please put the details in the comment box below. And feel free to list it on our events calendar by going to the bottom of the Plainfield Patch home page and clicking on "Put an event on the calendar."
- Deadline to register for phone calls from the North Pole, courtesy of the Plainfield Park District. Click here to register; kids will get calls from Santa between 6 and 8 p.m. Dec. 12 or 13. Free.
- Plainfield Park District’ senior citizen holiday lunch, noon, Plainfield American Legion Hall, 24741 W. Renwick Rd. Free.
- Holiday craft night, 5 p.m., Freedom Elementary School, 11600 Heritage Meadows Dr. Free
- Santa’s Workshop, complete with snacks, crafts and photos with Santa for ages 2-6 (with parent) at the Plainfield Park District Heritage Center, 24023 W. Lockport St. $12 residents/$18 non-residents.
- Deadline to enter Plainfield Park District’s holiday lights outdoor decorating contest; click here for more information. Judging is Dec. 17 and 18; winners will be contacted Dec. 19.
- Cookie decorating (benefits the Make-A-Wish Foundation), 5-7 p.m., Panera Bread, 12632 S. Route 59. Free.
- Ugly sweater party/contest, 10 p.m., Moe Joe’s, 24033 W. Lockport St.
- Blue Christmas: A Service of Healing and Hope, 4 p.m., Plainfield United Methodist Church, 15114 N. Illinois St. Free.
- Christmas Cantata – “Let the Whole World Sing” concert, 8:30 a.m., Plainfield United Methodist Church, 15114 N. Illinois St. Free.
Hungry for more holiday fun? Check out some of the festivities happening in nearby Joliet.
Check back with Plainfield Patch for a roundup of Plainfield Christmas Eve and Christmas Day church services.