Using the #CharitySunday hashtag, McCarthy urged her more than one million followers to donate to a GoFundMe campaign for Ready Set Ride Therapeutic Recreation Facility.
The Plainfield barn, located at 13056 Essington Rd. in Plainfield between 127th and 135th streets, uses horseback riding services to assist children with special needs and terminal illnesses.
Children as young as age 3 come from all over Chicagoland to participate in therapeutic riding activities at the barn.
Now, a GoFundMe campaign has been launched to help the non-profit.
On March 16, McCarthy made Ready Set Ride the second of three charities she promoted via Twitter.
The online fundraiser explains what the tax-deductible donations mean to the barn:
- $25.00 provides treats for horses for 1 week.
- $35.00 provides farrier care to one horse.
- $50.00 provides one child helmet.
- $75.00 provides one horse grain for 1 month.
- $100.00 provides bedding for one horse for one month.
- $250.00 purchases hay for one month.
- $500.00 provides horse shoes for 1 horse for one year.
- $1,000.00 purchases one horse saddle.
Click here to donate to the Ready Set Ride GoFundMe campaign.
actress Melissa McCarthy, is originally from Plainfield.