It's time to fire up the grill one last time and say good-bye to the dog days of summer.
Though summer doesn't official end until Sept. 21, Labor Day — a national holiday dedicated to the social and economic achievements of American workers — is often thought of as the season's last hurrah.
And many people — especially public employees — have the day off. Here's what's closed on and around Labor Day 2012:
- The will be closed Sunday and Monday in observance of the holiday. While the building will be closed, the book drop is always open, and patrons can access the library online 24/7 at www.plainfield.lib.il.us. The library will also resume its Sunday hours (1 to 5 p.m.) on Sept. 9.
- offices are closed Monday.
- offices are closed Monday. The splash pad at the is open through Labor Day weekend.
- The Plainfield post office is closed Monday.
- schools are closed Monday.
- is closed Monday.
- Will County offices, 302 N. Chicago St., Joliet, will be closed Friday and Monday.