- Sign up for the Plainfield Patch newsletter
- Like Plainfield Patch on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
That was the scenario Monday when firefighters spotted smoke coming from a home in the 13800 block of Mallard Court. Luckily, crews were on their way even before the 911 call came in, arriving in time to rescue the homeowner's dog.
The chocolate Lab, named Kendra, was brought outside by Lt. Mike Obman and firefighter-paramedic Joe Broadus. Oxygen was administered to the pooch, who was later taken to a veterinarian.
Unfortunately, the home was destroyed in the blaze, but Kendra was doing well as of Monday afternoon, Deputy Fire Chief Jon Stratton said.
Click through the gallery for photos of the pet rescue.