.

Photos: Dog Rescued From Plainfield Fire

Fire destroyed a Mallard Court home Monday, but the family pet was saved.

Plainfield Lt. Mike Obman (left) carries Kendra from a house on fire on Mallard Court. With Obaman is firefighter Joe Broadus (right). Credit: Submitted photo
Plainfield Lt. Mike Obman (left) carries Kendra from a house on fire on Mallard Court. With Obaman is firefighter Joe Broadus (right). Credit: Submitted photo
It's a pet owner's nightmare: A fire starts when no one's home, leaving the family dog or cat all alone.


That was the scenario Monday when firefighters spotted smoke coming from a home in the 13800 block of Mallard Court. Luckily, crews were on their way even before the 911 call came in, arriving in time to rescue the homeowner's dog.

The chocolate Lab, named Kendra, was brought outside by Lt. Mike Obman and firefighter-paramedic Joe Broadus. Oxygen was administered to the pooch, who was later taken to a veterinarian.

Unfortunately, the home was destroyed in the blaze, but Kendra was doing well as of Monday afternoon, Deputy Fire Chief Jon Stratton said.

Click through the gallery for photos of the pet rescue.
Herc December 10, 2013 at 09:11 PM
What a happy ending!
Melissa January 05, 2014 at 11:17 AM
Great job pfd

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something