Five student musicians from Plainfield South and East high schools will take part in the 66th annual Illinois Music Educators Association (IMEA) All-State Conference festival on Jan. 22 to 25 in Peoria, Illinois.
Participation in this event is one of the most prestigious honors in high school music in the state. The students auditioned last fall for the state event during district-level performances.
The students will perform with the best high school musicians in the state and work with world-renowned conductors. The Festival will close with a concert at the Peoria Civic Center arena Saturday, Jan. 25.
These District 202 student musicians will participate at the IMEA All State Conference festival:
Plainfield South High School
- Max O’Mary, senior, clarinet – All State Band or Honors Band
- Sean Harty, senior – Participant in the Future Music Educators Symposium (one of only 45 students statewide chosen for this program)
Plainfield East High School
- Bob Clifford, senior, Tenor II -- All-State Senior Chorus
- Joni Graves, senior, Soprano I -- All-State Senior Chorus
- Michael Tria, senior, Tenor I -- All-State Senior Chorus
There are nine IMEA districts in Illinois. District 202 students compete in District IX, which comprises parts of the western and southwestern suburbs.