Thanks to input from Plainfield Patch Facebook fans, we've put together a map of yard and home haunts in Plainfield. Click the map to see the free haunted locations — and if you know of one we missed, let us know in the comments and we'll add it to the map.
This year, one home haunt will benefit a good cause.
Hosted by the Krebs/Fullriede family, the Winding Creek Haunted Woods and Haunted House, 16512 Winding Creek Rd., is open from 7 to 11 p.m. Friday and Saturday, Oct. 25 and 26. While the outdoor display is free to view, donations are accepted. Fifty percent of donations will go to Safely Home Canine Rescue in Plainfield.
Creepside Hauntings, 15416 S. Creekside Dr., is also returning for a sixth year. This time, proceeds will benefit Guardian Angel Community Services in Joliet.
- Halloween in Plainfield 2013 Roundup
- Find Apple Orchards Near (And Not So Near) Plainfield
- Find Haunted Houses Near Plainfield
- Pumpkin Patches, Corn Mazes, Fall Festivals in the Plainfield Area
- Sex Offender Watch: A Map of Plainfield Homes to Keep on Your Radar This Halloween