Every Thursday, we will run our new Patch Picks feature, highlighting editor and reader picks of great local businesses, destinations, services, organizations, ways to spend a day off and more.
You’ll find useful lists to help you, your family, friends and significant others find the best places for everything from Sunday brunch to New Year’s Eve celebrations, pumpkin patches, date night destinations, florists, girlfriend nights out, kids’ party places, parks and more.
Today’s list is a rundown of five must-check-out boutiques in the area.
Patch Picks: Five Must check-out boutiques
- Just Ducky: Just Ducky, with and at the , is the place to find unique gifts and house wares. Make sure to check out their stock of fine art for the home, hand-painted wine and martini glasses and their fabulous jewelry selection. This is a great store for housewarming and hostess gifts.
- Sara Boo Creek: The neighbor who always has the cutest seasonal decorations probably shops at Sara Boo Creek. This boutique on Route 30 in Crest Hill features personalized gifts, signs and décor for the home. Be sure to check them out for personalized St. Patrick ’s Day and Easter décor.
- /: This two-in-one boutique in downtown Plainfield allows you to spoil yourself and your little one. Half of the boutique is dedicated to the cutest fashions for babies, boys and girls, and the other half is dedicated to their fashionable moms. If you’re in the market for First Communion or Baptism outfits, make sure to check out the store’s large selection.
- Maggie’s Place: If you are ready to revitalize your home or even if you’re ready for a complete makeover, make sure to check out Maggie’s Place in Shorewood. This boutique offers furniture, antiques, gift, and home accessories. If you’re not sure where to start, the store employs interior designers who can offer you advice on space planning, room layout design, home staging and suggestions on a variety of interior finishes from walls and accessories to furniture.
- : “1 Happy Girl Boutique” will make you one happy girl when you are shopping there. The Lemont boutique has all the latest fashions from dresses and tops to jeans and jewelry. All of the finds are one of a kind so you won’t see yourself coming and going, and even more appreciated, the prices are reasonable.