Eric J. Kafka, 44, of the 1700 block of Canterbury Court, Plainfield, was arrested by Will County Sheriff's police and booked into the Will County jail on charges of driving under the influence of alcohol, failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident, leaving the scene of an accident and failure to render aid or give information, police said.
Dermetrious D. Lindsey, 25, of the 23000 block of Margaret Court, Plainfield, was arrested by Joliet police and booked into the Will County jail on charges of felony possession of a firearm after a prior conviction and illegal possession of ammunition, police said.
Someone entered a home in the 17000 block of Drauden Road around 7 p.m. and stole prescription pills and cash from a purse left on the kitchen counter. The resident was upstairs when the incident occurred, according to Will County Sheriff's police.
About this column: Police report information is provided by local police departments. Charges are not evidence of guilt. They are a record of police actions on a given day, and persons charged with a crime are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court. If you or a family member are charged or cited and the case is subsequently adjudicated, we encourage you to notify the editor. We will verify and report the outcome.
More Plainfield-area police news:
- Admitted Killer Should Get More Time to Withdraw Guilty Plea, Lawyer Says
- Plainfield Blotter: Man Accused of Obstructing Justice, Making Threats
- Plainfield Police: Labor Day Crackdown Nets 3 DUI Arrests, 81 Seatbelt Violations
- The Argument Against the Motion to Compel a Patch Editor to Reveal His Source
- Patch Tells Judge it Will Appeal Order to Reveal Source
- Report: Plainfield Family Rescued from Lake Michigan
- Man Critically Injured in Possible Alcohol-Related Crash: Police