Results are in from the Plainfield Police Department’s annual “Buckle up for Love” click it or ticket seat belt campaign.
Funded by an Illinois Department of Transportation grant, the Feb. 13 enforcement resulted in:
- 21 seat belt citations
- 5 no insurance citations
- 4 child passenger safety act violation citations
- 4 speeding citations
- 3 disobeying traffic control device citations
- 2 no valid safety test citations
- 1 arrest for driving while license revoked
- 1 arrest for no valid driver’s license
- 10 other citations
The seat belt usage rate within the Village of Plainfield is about 97 percent, which the Plainfield Police continually seek to improve. Thus, the Plainfield Police Department will be participating in the statewide St. Patrick’s Day click it or ticket campaign, which runs from March 13 to 17.
This crackdown was funded by federal traffic safety funds through the Illinois Department of Transportation and is part of the Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over and Click It or Ticket campaigns.