Residents are invited to learn more about candidates for state and local races during the Lewis University/Grand Haven Candidates’ Night on Thursday, Sept. 20, at in Romeoville.
The first half of the evening, hosted by Lewis, will start at 5:30 p.m. Candidates will be given table space to meet with residents one-on-one in an informal, meet-and-greet format.
Voter registration will also be available until 7 p.m.
The Grand Haven community will host the second half of the event beginning at 7:15 p.m. Candidates will each have five minutes to address the crowd, followed by a brief Q&A session.
Both portions of the event are open to the public, although video/audio recording of the Grand Haven forum is not allowed.
The Lewis University portion of the evening is scheduled to be broadcast on Romeoville Public Television.
The following candidates have confirmed their attendance at the Sept. 20 event:
- Walter Adamic (D)* -- Will County Board, 9th District
- Ryan Alm (R) -- Illinois State House, 86th District
- Stephen J. Balich (R) -- Will County Board, 7th District (Lewis only)
- Mark Batinick (R) -- Will County Auditor
- Jennifer Bertino-Tarrant (D) -- Illinois State Senate, 49th District
- Judy Biggert (R)* -- U.S. Congress, 11th District
- Duffy Blackburn (D)* -- Will County Auditor
- Dave Carlson (R) -- Will County State's Attorney
- Marlene Carlson (R) – Will County Circuit Clerk
- Mark Ferry (D) -- Will County Board, 13th District
- Mike Fricilone (R) -- Will County Board, 7th District (Lewis only)
- Jim Glasgow (D)* -- Will County State's Attorney
- Richard Grabowski (R) -- U.S. Congress, 3rd District
- Sandra Johnson (R) -- Illinois State Senate, 43rd District
- Bob Kalnicky (R) -- Illinois State House, 98th District
- Tim Kraulidis (R) -- Will County Board, 13th District
- Dan Lipinski (D)* -- U.S. Congress, 3rd District
- Charles Lyons (R) -- Will County Coroner
- Natalie Manley (D) -- Illinois State House, 98th District
- Pam McGuire (D)* -- Will County Circuit Court Clerk
- Laurie McPhillips-Weglarz (R) -- Will County Recorder of Deeds
- Pat O'Neil (D)* -- Will County Coroner
- Garrett Peck (R) -- Illinois State Senate, 49th District
- Jerry G. Ramirez (R) -- Will County Board, 9th District
- Diane Seiler-Zigrossi (D)* -- Will County Board, 9th District
- Cory Singer (R) -- Will County Chief Executive Officer
- Karen Stukel (D)* -- Will County Recorder of Deeds
* Denotes an incumbent.
Editor's note: The list of candidates who have RSVP'ed for the event has been updated.