Halloween falls on a Wednesday this year, and Village of Plainfield has designated the hours of 4 to 7 p.m. Oct. 31 for trick-or-treating.
Officials also have released these safety tips:
- If you want trick-or-treaters to visit your house, leave porch lights on.
- Parents should accompany all young children while trick or treating.
- Trick-or-treaters should only visit houses and apartments of people they know.
- Children should take their treats home for parents to inspect before eating.
- Children should be reminded to walk, not run, between houses and use sidewalks when available.
- Remind children to practice caution when crossing the street and cross only at intersections when traffic is clear.
- Motorists should be careful and alert during and around these hours.
- Parents need to purchase, or make costumes, that are light and bright enough to be clearly visible to motorists.