Wheatland Township Supervisor Todd Morse did not attend the Dec. 4 Wheatland Township GOP caucus, opting not to challenge a group of Republicans looking to cause a shakeup on the township board.
Instead, the former Wheatland Republican Township Organization chairman will run as an Independent. Also appearing on the ballot as Independent candidates will be Wheatland Highway Commissioner Dayton Jarnagin and Assessor Kelli Lord.
All three incumbents previously ran as Republicans, and are seeking re-electon on April 9. Current Wheatland tax collector Aatif Rahman will run as an Independent for a spot on the board of trustees, as will Catherine Bishir, Gary Brooks and John Weiffenbach.
All four trustee spots on the board are up for election.
Meanwhile, a slate of GOP candidates won the support of electors at the December 2012 caucus.
Current township clerk Chuck Kern will seek to usurp Morse's role as supervisor, while deputy clerk Bill Alstrom is running for the clerk's spot.
The rest of the Republican slate is as follows:
- David Monaghan - Assessor
- Scott Bishop - Highway commissioner
- Deb Holscher - Trustee
- Mike Crockett - Trustee
- Darren Bennefield - Trustee
- Raquel Mitchell - Trustee
- Ben Peterson – Tax collector
Wheatland Township Democrats are also vying for a presence on the township board. Their candidates are:
- Marc Poulos - Supervisor
- Christine Wawronowicz - Clerk
- Dawn De Sart - Highway commissioner
- Nick Palmer - Trustee
- Thomas Mikesell - Trustee
- Thomas Verdone - Trustee
- Michael J. Allen - Trustee
- Margaret Tyson - Tax collector
Read more about Wheatland Township:
- GOP Group Hopes to Win Support at Wheatland Township Caucus
- Stalemate: Tie Vote Means No Town Meeting for Wheatland
- Code Violations Revive New Building Talks in Wheatland Township
- Wheatland Park Proposal Under Scrutiny