"The safety of our employees is of paramount concern to all of us in county government,” Will County Executive Larry Walsh said. "We do not wish to put our employees in harm’s way making their way home after dark. Tomorrow, all county offices will open at 10:30 a.m., which will hopefully allow for additional snow removal and safer routes to our employees to get to work."
All branches of the Greater Joliet Area YMCA, including Plainfield's C.W. Avery Family YMCA, will reopen at 12:30 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 7.
Walsh urged residents to avoid unnecessary travel until weather conditions improve.
“During this time, we encourage all residents to be patient and remain safe and warm in their homes,” he said. “Anyone in need of a warming center should contact the sheriff’s department at (815) 727-8575 for a list of warming centers.”A list of warming centers is also available on the Will County website, www.willcountyillinois.com.
- Plainfield Closings: Continued Cold Prompts Closures for Tuesday
- Louis Joliet Mall to Close Early Monday
- Will County Courthouse Closed, but Other County Offices Open
- Where to Keep Warm, Plus Safety Tips for the Family, House & Car
- Durbin's, School of Rock, Other Plainfield Businesses Closed Monday
- Garbage Pickup to Resume Tuesday: Village of Plainfield