- Sign up for the Plainfield Patch newsletter
- Like Plainfield Patch on Facebook and follow us on Twitter
In April, the University of St. Francis in Joliet, Lewis University in Romeoville and Blackburn College in Carlinville were each awarded $1 million in scholarship funding through the Give Something Back program. And the rules were changed so that the program would be available to all Will County high school students.
Give Something Back was established in 2003 through a donation from Robert Carr, a Lockport Township High School alumnus. For the first 10 years, scholarship were awarded only to students from Carr's alma mater.
A parent or guardian must attend one of the meetings in order for their student to be consider. The meetings will be held at:
- 6 p.m. Sept. 18 at Plainfield Central High School, 24120 Fort Beggs Drive, Plainfield.
- 7:30 p.m. Sept. 18 at Reed-Custer High School, 249 Comet Drive, Braidwood.
- 6 p.m. Sept. 19 at Lockport Township High School, 1333 E. 7th St., Lockport.
- 7:30 p.m. Sept. 19 at Lincoln Way Central High School, 1801 E. Lincoln Highway, New Lenox.