Not only are some "cookie moms" still taking orders, we have a list of places where scouts will be selling them on upcoming weekends. The rest is up to you!
Also, reader Denise Williams had a good suggestion. Hugsforsoldiers.org is accepting Girl Scout Cookies until March 17. You send them the cookies you buy and they forward them on to soldiers fighting overseas.
"They say that this is one of the most requested items of our servicemen and women, and one of the most iconic symbols of all they are fighting, serving and sacrificing for," Williams wrote. "So, think about buying an extra box or two and send one to them and support your local 'troop' and our troops at the same time."
Brownie Troop 379 is doing something similar. They've donated 202 boxes to "Operation Welcome U Home" and they'd like to do more, Kristin told us via email.
"We are ordering boxes for our booth sales, but would be happy to try to fill orders if people want to contact us," she wrote. "This is such a great local organization and our girls are so excited to help out. We'd love to give them 200 more boxes. $4 a box. We'd be thrilled if you could help get the word out!"
Contact Kristin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are other ways to get your hands on some Thin Mints, Somoas and your other faves:
- Troop 488 is taking orders. Cookies will be available Feb. 19. Contact Anne at email@example.com.
- Brownie Troop 640 is selling cookies for personal consumption or donation to the military. Contact Robin Plant at firstname.lastname@example.org or 815-439-4548.
- Daisy Troop 70233 is taking orders. Call 815-230-9313 or email email@example.com.
- Troop 195 can order cookies for you. Call Joanne Baker at 630-362-2962.
- Troops 863 and 602 have "25 girls ready to sell!" Email PlainfieldGirlScouts@gmail.com.
- Junior Girl Scout Troop 362 from Plainfield will be selling cookies from 2 to 6 p.m. Feb. 19 at Staples, 992 Brook Forest Avenue (Route 59), Shorewood.
- Troop 601 will be selling cookies from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Feb. 25 at CiCi's pizza restaurant. "Hope all of Plainfield will come out to see us and stock up on yummy cookies!" leader Amy Fisher wrote.
- Brownie Troop 184 in Plainfield will be selling cookies from 12:45 to 6:15 p.m. Feb. 25 at the Westfield Louis Joliet Mall on U.S. 30 in Joliet. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Troop 572 is selling cookies from noon to 3 p.m. March 2 at the Dominick's store at the corner of Essington and Caton Farm roads in Joliet.
- Troop 70409 from Plainfield will be selling cookies at 3 p.m. March 3 at Staples, 992 Brook Forest Ave. (Route 59), Shorewood.
- Troop 253 will be selling cookies from 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. March 3 at Culver's on Route 59 at 135th Street.
- Troop 572 is selling cookies from noon to 3 p.m. March 9 at the Dominick's store on Essington Road at Caton Farm Road in Joliet.
- Brownie Troop 184 in Plainfield will be selling cookies at the Walgreens at Weber and Lily Cache roads in Bolingbrook from noon to 6 p.m. March 17. You can also email email@example.com.
- Junior Girl Scout Troop 362 from Plainfield will be selling cookies from 3 to 6 p.m. March `8 at Staples, 992 Brook Forest Ave. (Route 59), Shorewood. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 815-439-5658.
- Junior Girl Scout Troop 362 from Plainfield will be selling cookies from 3 to 6 p.m. March 18 at Dominick's, 435 N. Weber Road, Romeoville.
- A troop will be selling from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. March 24 at the Culver's restaurant at 135th Street and Route 59.
And for those of you interested in the results of our favorite Girl Scout cookie poll, they were:
- Samoas: 14 votes
- Thin Mints: 11 votes
- Tagalongs: 10 votes
- Do Si Dos: 5 votes
- Trefoils: 3 votes
- Thank U Berry Much: 2 votes
- Dulce de Leche: 0 votes