But with the kids back in school, Monday brings a sure sign that the dog days of summer are all but over: Labor Day is here.
On Monday, anticipate the following closings:
- Plainfield Village Hall
- Plainfield Township
- District 202 schools
- St. Mary Immaculate Parish School
- Plainfield Public Library
- Plainfield Park District Recreation/Administration Center
- Plainfield post office (Van Dyke Road)
After Monday, things will pick up in Plainfield. Here's what's happening:
Kids can enjoy story time, milk and cookies at Panera Bread, 12632 S. Route 59 in Plainfield, at 10 a.m. Tuesday. Click here for more information or to register.
The last Cruise Night of the year is scheduled for 5 to 9 p.m. on Lockport and Des Plaines streets downtown. Hosted by the Plainfield Area Chamber of Commerce, the final 2013 event is sponsored by Bill Jacobs Plainfield.
Cub Scout Pack 13 will host an information night at 6:30 p.m. at the American Legion Pavilion, 24721 W. Renwick Rd.
The Plainfield Public Library, 15025 S. Illinois St., will host its Strictly Business lunch at noon. Hosted by insurance specialist Karri McLeod, the theme is "Retirement Planning for the Small Business Owner."
- Traveling for Labor Day? Check Patch's live traffic map.
- Also: Find the Cheapest Gas in Plainfield