Sharon United Methodist Church
This tiny church has been part of the fabric of Plainfield since 1847. Its location in the downtown district adds to the village's small town feel, and makes it easy for members to be part of downtown life, according to Rev. Beth Wilterdink. Beyond that, though, the church is dedicated to doing good deeds, including working with a Joliet-based food pantry and volunteering twice a month at Morning Star Mission.
- Hours: Services: Sun, 9:30am
- Handicap Accessible: A lift makes the church accessible to the handicapped
- Founding Date: Jan 01 1847
- What makes this community special?: The downtown area is small and inviting. As a result, people know each other and feel comfortable sitting outside and hanging out with friends.
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Denomination: Methodist
- Congregation size: 50
- Services: Choir/music programs, Missionary programs, Youth programs
- Recreational facilities: No