Saturday, May 18, 2013
Patch has put together some tips on how to grill safely.
If you spend any time outside, you have probably already smelled it - grilling season has begun. And while grilling is on of the most popular ways to cook, according to the National Fire Protection Association, it can pose dangers if safety is not taken into consideration. So, Patch has put together a couple of tips that we gathered from the NFPA Website. You can read its full flier of grilling safety tips by clicking here.
Wednesday, November 28, 2012
Tips for keeping your home and family safe during the cold months.
Editor's note: The following is a press release issued by the Plainfield Fire Protection District: With the fall season here and winter on the way, the Plainfield Fire Protection District has some winter fire safety tips for you to help prevent a home fire from heating sources. Have your furnace inspected annually by a qualified contractor. If you have a wood stove or fireplace, the chimney should be inspected and cleaned annually before using it. Never use flammable liquids to start a fire. Keep a glass or metal screen in front of the fireplace to contain embers and sparks. Keep all combustible materials at least 3 feet from your fireplace or wood stove. Always make sure your fireplace is out before leaving your home or going to …
Monday, January 31, 2011
Indian Boundary Road is closed, on-street parking prohibited and other precautions in the works in anticipation of storm that could dump a foot and a half of snow.
Are we finally to be walloped with the snowstorm the likes of which we haven't seen since Jan. 2, 1999? It certainly looks that way, based on the National Weather Service's most recent forecast of an impending blizzard and the preparations being made by Plainfield village and fire officials. Indian Boundary Road between Renwick and County Line roads has been closed because of its past history of blowing and drifting snow during windy winter storms. All on-street parking in the village will prohibited until 6 a.m. Friday. According to Amy De Boni, the village's community relations director, officials from the police department, fire protection district, public works department and emergency management agency have developed contingency plans…